Missing Carlisle man found in west Cumbria
Last updated at 11:07, Monday, 25 August 2014
Police in Carlisle say they have located a man who had been missing for more than six weeks.
Craig Beattie, 33, had last been seen at a property in Hillcrest Avenue, Harraby, Carlisle, on Monday, July 14.
He was known to be sleeping rough in Carlisle city centre, but his family had become increasingly concerned, prompting police to issue a number of appeals for information about his whereabouts.
Police have now confirmed that Craig was found safe and well in Workington this morning.
A spokeswoman thanked the public for their help.
First published at 10:02, Sunday, 24 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (8 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)