X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Unattended pan causes blaze

Firefighters in Carlisle were called to Pennine Way after an unattended pan caused a fire.

The alarm was raised at 3.09pm today (WED) and when they arrived at the scene they removed the pan to the open air to let it cool down.

They also used a hose reel jet to damp down the affected area before leaving the scene.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Given the tide of public opinion against on-street parking charges in Cumbria, should county councillors scrap the plan now?

Yes. They should show they hear the voice of the people

No. The council needs the money and has to get it from somewhere

Town centres will suffer but the council will spend £10m on a new HQ. How can that be right?

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: