Two taken to hospital after crash closes stretch of main road
Last updated at 11:03, Monday, 30 June 2014
Two people have been taken to hospital following a four-car crash that closed a main road in west Cumbria.
The A595 was closed both ways between the A596 junction in Distington and the Chapel Brow roundabout following the collision at 7.49am.
A 51-year-old Carlisle man, who was driving a Peugeot 206 and a 64-year-old Ambleside man, who was driving a Seat Ibiza, were taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven with minor injuries.
A 51-year-old man from Fife, driving a Ford Focus, received minor injuries but was not taken to hospital.
A 27-year-old man, driving a Hyundai i30, from Middlesbrough, was uninjured.
Lengthy delays were reported in the area.
First published at 10:55, Monday, 30 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)