Two taken to hospital after crash closes stretch of main road
Last updated at 11:03, Monday, 30 June 2014
Two people have been taken to hospital following a four-car crash that closed a main road in west Cumbria.
The A595 was closed both ways between the A596 junction in Distington and the Chapel Brow roundabout following the collision at 7.49am.
A 51-year-old Carlisle man, who was driving a Peugeot 206 and a 64-year-old Ambleside man, who was driving a Seat Ibiza, were taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven with minor injuries.
A 51-year-old man from Fife, driving a Ford Focus, received minor injuries but was not taken to hospital.
A 27-year-old man, driving a Hyundai i30, from Middlesbrough, was uninjured.
Lengthy delays were reported in the area.
First published at 10:55, Monday, 30 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)