Two critical after motorbike and van crash
Last updated at 19:57, Saturday, 02 June 2012
A motorcyclist and his passenger have suffered life-threatening injuries after a crash involving a van near Carlisle.
The man and woman were both critically injured and left trapped under the van for about 30 minutes following the collision at Gaitsgill, south west of Dalston today.
Air crew doctors, paramedics and firefighters worked to get them out. One was then given anaesthetic at the scene before both were flown by air ambulance for specialist treatment in the north east.
The man and woman, both believed to be in their thirties and from the Carlisle area, were taken to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary. The collision happened at about 12.50pm.
First published at 15:31, Saturday, 02 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)