Tributes to Cumbrian haulage boss Hughie Stalker
Last updated at 13:35, Monday, 11 February 2013
Tributes have been paid to a Cumbrian haulage boss who died yesterday.
Hughie Stalker, who was managing director of Brampton-based Stalkers Transport Services, died at the age of 64 after a five-year battle with cancer.
Mr Stalker’s daughter, Karen, tweeted: “Is sad to say that the world has lost a good man today. Hughie passed away peacefully at home earlier today. RIP Mr Stalker.”
Is sad to say that the world has lost a good man today. Hughie passed away peacefully at home earlier today. RIP Mr Stalker.— Stalkers Transport(@KarenStalker3) February 10, 2013
Janice Grieves, owner of Hairport in Brampton, said: “It’s a sad day. Hughie always supported the community in Brampton – from lending me wagons for floats and stages at the carnivals, to sponsoring a table for the Big Wig Ball next month. Stalkers have always offered help and support.”
Stalkers Transport Services was established in 1968 by Edward Stalker, Hughie’s father.
The company continues to be family-owned and was run by Hughie and fellow directors daughter Karen Stalker and son David Stalker.
The business is based on the Townfoot Industrial Estate in Brampton.
First published at 13:34, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (63 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (99 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (91 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (59 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (4 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles