Tickets selling fast for McFly gig at Whitehaven Festival
Last updated at 12:14, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Tickets are selling fast for pop superstars McFly who are playing at this year’s Whitehaven Festival.
The news was announced on Thursday and within 24 hours three quarters of the 2,000 allocation was sold.
By yesterday afternoon only 300 remained.
The response was so huge that the website crashed for a time.
Festival chief Gerard Richardson said: “I spent the early part of Thursday sitting on my last nerve as the new website crashed under the weight of hits but it went live at 2pm and by 4pm we had sold half the tickets.
“It was madness when we released Madness tickets for the festival the year before last but those fans don’t even come close to the McFly fans.”
He added: “I get an email with every order and at one point they were coming in so fast I popped out for five minutes and came back to find 400 emails in my inbox.
“They have to be one of the hottest acts around and I am absolutely thrilled.”
Out of the 1,700 tickets sold so far, Mr Richardson said that 99 per cent of those had gone to west Cumbrians.
McFly will be playing Whitehaven Festival on Friday, June 21 in one of the biggest gigs in the event’s 14-year history.
The night before they will perform at Wembley’s Millennium Stadium.
The harbourside gig will feature all their biggest hits including Room On The 3rd Floor, Obviously, Five Colours in her Hair and All About You.
There are still tickets left – priced £39.99 (no booking fee) – and they are only available by going to www.richardsonsofwhitehaven.co.uk.
First published at 12:09, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (10 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (2 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (1 comment)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (73 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|