Three taken to hospital after Cumbrian house fire
Last updated at 17:50, Saturday, 10 March 2012
A woman and two young children have been taken to hospital after a house fire.
The blaze started in the living room of a house on Bolton Street, Workington, shortly before 4.30pm.
It is understood they are not seriously injured and that they have been taken to hospital as a precaution.
The woman had been upstairs with one of the children when she heard the other child, a one-year-old boy, screaming.
She ran downstairs to find a blaze had taken hold in her front room .
The woman ran to a neighbour's house who called the fire service.
Two fire engines attended and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus quickly brought the blaze under control.
First published at 17:38, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)