Three men admit affray charge after violent incident
Last updated at 12:57, Monday, 28 April 2014
Three men have admitted being involved in a violent incident in Silloth which left another man with multiple injuries.
They all pleaded guilty to a charge of affray at Carlisle Crown Court today.
A charge of causing actual bodily harm to their victim - Ozer Sehzade - was dropped on the grounds that it was not clear which of them was responsible for his many injuries.
Prosecuting barrister Tim Evans said that the incident on July 20 last year had been "a rather confused state of affairs" and most of the evidence came from Mr Sehzade himself.
Before the court were Christopher Holliday, 31, of Fell Close, Silloth, Joshua William Ray, 19, of Wampool Street, Silloth and Martyn Marshall, 22, of no fixed address.
Holliday and Ray were allowed bail but Marshall was remanded in custody.
They will be sentenced on May 28 following the preparation of background reports.
First published at 12:53, Monday, 28 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)