Three hurt in crash on motorway near Carlisle
Last updated at 07:40, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
Three people were taken to hospital after a crash on the M6 which closed a section of the northbound carriageway for nearly five hours.
It happened at about 5pm between junctions 41 at Catterlen and junction 42 at Carlisle South – about a mile before Southwaite Services.
The crash involved a black VW Golf, a black Ford Focus and an HGV. All three vehicles were travelling north at the time.
An 81-year-old man, a 76-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man were all taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle. Their injuries were not thought to be serious.
The motorway was closed so that the vehicles could be recovered.
A diversion was in operation.
Police are trying to establish the cause of the crash and are investigating.
Witnesses should contact PC 747 Stitt at the roads policing unit on 101.
First published at 19:10, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- 'Boy racer’ doing 80mph before fatal crash, Carlisle court told
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Four arrests after early morning Cumbria police raids
- Arrest warrant issued for market's Dutch cheese seller
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)