Woman critical in Newcastle hospital after head-on car crash
Last updated at 11:27, Saturday, 02 August 2014
A Workington woman is in a Newcastle hospital today following a late-night crash at Lillyhall.
The 57-year-old was one of three people rushed to hospital following the head-on crash between two cars on the A595 close to the Lillyhall roundabout near Dobies dealership.
Her condition was this morning described by police as critical but stable at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle, where she was taken suffering from multiple injuries including a fractured pelvis.
The woman was driving a white Fiat Panda which was in collision with a red Kia Cee’d shortly after 10pm last night.
The front-seat passenger travelling with her was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven, as was the driver of the Kia.
Both are men from Workington and the nature and extent of their injuries are not known.
The A595 was closed for more than four hours while emergency services worked at the scene and investigations were carried out. It reopened at 2.15am.
Anyone with information about the crash can contact PC Robinson at Workington police on 101.
First published at 11:13, Saturday, 02 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Major changes revealed to Cumbria's hospitals (16 comments)
- Volunteers taking on civilian roles with Cumbria police (8 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (19 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (49 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (17 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (21 comments)
- Carlisle star Matt Pagan gutted as Collabro Xmas lights switch-on called off (34 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (86 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northerners (14 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|