Woman critical in Newcastle hospital after head-on car crash
Last updated at 11:27, Saturday, 02 August 2014
A Workington woman is in a Newcastle hospital today following a late-night crash at Lillyhall.
The 57-year-old was one of three people rushed to hospital following the head-on crash between two cars on the A595 close to the Lillyhall roundabout near Dobies dealership.
Her condition was this morning described by police as critical but stable at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle, where she was taken suffering from multiple injuries including a fractured pelvis.
The woman was driving a white Fiat Panda which was in collision with a red Kia Cee’d shortly after 10pm last night.
The front-seat passenger travelling with her was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven, as was the driver of the Kia.
Both are men from Workington and the nature and extent of their injuries are not known.
The A595 was closed for more than four hours while emergency services worked at the scene and investigations were carried out. It reopened at 2.15am.
Anyone with information about the crash can contact PC Robinson at Workington police on 101.
First published at 11:13, Saturday, 02 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years