Three deny kidnapping Carlisle man
Published at 14:40, Monday, 17 March 2014
Three men have appeared in court today accused of kidnapping a 35-year-old man from his home in Carlisle.
They were charged with taking the man from Lediard Avenue and driving him to Birkenhead against his will.
The men, Christopher James Harris, 26, of New Ferry Road, Wirral, Merseyside, Malcolm Jones, 26, of Queens Road, Birkenhead and Luke Miller, 20, of Baytree Road, Rock Ferry, Birkenhead, all pleaded not guilty to the charge at Carlisle Crown Court.
Harris and Jones were remanded in custody. Miller was allowed bail.
They will go on trial on April 29.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|