Three deny kidnapping Carlisle man
Published at 14:40, Monday, 17 March 2014
Three men have appeared in court today accused of kidnapping a 35-year-old man from his home in Carlisle.
They were charged with taking the man from Lediard Avenue and driving him to Birkenhead against his will.
The men, Christopher James Harris, 26, of New Ferry Road, Wirral, Merseyside, Malcolm Jones, 26, of Queens Road, Birkenhead and Luke Miller, 20, of Baytree Road, Rock Ferry, Birkenhead, all pleaded not guilty to the charge at Carlisle Crown Court.
Harris and Jones were remanded in custody. Miller was allowed bail.
They will go on trial on April 29.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years