Three arrests in Carlisle after police pursuit
Published at 10:31, Monday, 05 March 2012
Three men have been arrested after police pursued a stolen car along country lanes between Southwaite and Carlisle.
The black Vauxhall Astra hire car had been reported missing from an address in the city’s Newtown Road.
Officers spotted it on the M6 around 2.15pm on Saturday and gave chase.
But they lost track of the vehicle in Upperby. It was eventually located, secure but abandoned, in Scaleby Close, Upperby, six hours later.
Officers arrested three Carlisle men yesterday in connection with the incident.
An 18-year-old man was apprehended on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving, a 22-year-old on suspicion of driving while disqualified, unlawful taking of a vehicle without consent and dangerous driving.
And a 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving.
They have been released on police bail until April 1.
- In a separate incident, a 21-year-old man was arrested after a stolen car crashed into a garden wall in Crosshill Drive, Morton, Carlisle, at 5pm yesterday.
Two men were seen making off from the blue Ford Focus and were pursued on foot by police officers.
One was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, aggravated taking of a vehicle without consent and failing to stop after an accident.
He has been released on police bay until today.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|