Three arrests in Carlisle after police pursuit
Published at 10:31, Monday, 05 March 2012
Three men have been arrested after police pursued a stolen car along country lanes between Southwaite and Carlisle.
The black Vauxhall Astra hire car had been reported missing from an address in the city’s Newtown Road.
Officers spotted it on the M6 around 2.15pm on Saturday and gave chase.
But they lost track of the vehicle in Upperby. It was eventually located, secure but abandoned, in Scaleby Close, Upperby, six hours later.
Officers arrested three Carlisle men yesterday in connection with the incident.
An 18-year-old man was apprehended on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving, a 22-year-old on suspicion of driving while disqualified, unlawful taking of a vehicle without consent and dangerous driving.
And a 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving.
They have been released on police bail until April 1.
- In a separate incident, a 21-year-old man was arrested after a stolen car crashed into a garden wall in Crosshill Drive, Morton, Carlisle, at 5pm yesterday.
Two men were seen making off from the blue Ford Focus and were pursued on foot by police officers.
One was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, aggravated taking of a vehicle without consent and failing to stop after an accident.
He has been released on police bay until today.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)