Three arrested in Carlisle early morning raids
Published at 14:36, Friday, 14 March 2014
Three people were arrested in Carlisle today in a police crackdown against suspected organised criminals.
Cumbria police and members of the England Illegal Money Lending Team executed a number of search warrants across the city in the early hours of this morning.
A 57-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of money laundering.
A 62-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending and money laundering.
Police say they are examining quantities of cash and other items seized.
- Anyone with information about illegal money lending should call the confidential hotline on 0300 555 2222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|