Thieves steal 22 wheels from lorries parked in Carlisle compound
Last updated at 13:35, Thursday, 22 May 2014
Thieves stole 22 wheels from three lorries in a £13,000 raid at an industrial compound.
An investigation is underway after crooks targeted the Renault vehicles under cover of darkness at Border Trucks on Carlisle’s Kingstown Industrial Estate.
The wheels were taken off, complete with tyres attached, said police.
The total value of the stolen goods was £13,600.
A police spokesman said: “It will have taken some considerable time and the offenders will have to have used some sort of large vehicle to take the wheels away.”
Officers are appealing for information about the burglary, carried out at the site on Millbrook Road between 11.45pm on Monday and 3am on Tuesday.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
First published at 13:34, Thursday, 22 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)