Thieves steal 22 wheels from lorries parked in Carlisle compound
Last updated at 13:35, Thursday, 22 May 2014
Thieves stole 22 wheels from three lorries in a £13,000 raid at an industrial compound.
An investigation is underway after crooks targeted the Renault vehicles under cover of darkness at Border Trucks on Carlisle’s Kingstown Industrial Estate.
The wheels were taken off, complete with tyres attached, said police.
The total value of the stolen goods was £13,600.
A police spokesman said: “It will have taken some considerable time and the offenders will have to have used some sort of large vehicle to take the wheels away.”
Officers are appealing for information about the burglary, carried out at the site on Millbrook Road between 11.45pm on Monday and 3am on Tuesday.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
First published at 13:34, Thursday, 22 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|