Thieves steal £150 of ice cream from Cumbrian garden centre
Last updated at 14:08, Monday, 28 May 2012
Hot thieves made off with a lot of lollies after breaking into a Brampton garden centre.
The burglars escaped with £150 of ice creams after targeting Tarn Road Nurseries.
Owner John Treeby came into work at the weekend to find a pile of glass on the floor after they smashed a window and forced their way in.
He discovered that a freezer had been opened and a display case containing Magnum ice creams was gone, along with a full box of similar treats.
“It could have been to do with the hot weather,”he said. “It was quite warm that night, around 15 degrees, so they have to live locally – they wouldn’t exactly be taking them back to Newcastle!
“They were probably just opportunists looking to make a bit of money.”
Anyone who witnessed anything unusual or has any information is urged to call Cumbria police on 101.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 28 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)