Thieves raid Keswick jewellery store
Last updated at 18:02, Sunday, 24 August 2014
Police are hunting thieves who targeted a well-known jewellery store and stole watches, rings, bracelets and earrings in an early morning raid.
Officers are appealing for information regarding the theft which happened around 4.30am on Saturday at the Shipton & Co. store on Lake Road, Keswick.
The thieves were seen to force their way through the front door and steal the items.
They then made off towards the George Fisher shop where a moped was then seen with two people on speeding away from the scene in the direction of Borrowdale Road.
Police ask anyone with information to contact them on 101.
First published at 17:42, Sunday, 24 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|