Thieves make off with full supermarket trolley
Published at 10:02, Saturday, 28 June 2014
Brazen thieves walked out of a supermarket with a trolley full of items.
The two people managed to wander out of the Tesco store at Lockerbie with groceries, a 24in television, a bluray player and a hairdryer.
The theft happened at about 6.30pm on Wednesday.
The first suspect was a man aged 19 or 20, of slim build and about 6ft tall. He had short dark hair and wore a black jacket and black tracksuit bottoms.
He was accompanied by a woman of a similar age. She was described as being 5ft 5in tall, of medium build, with bleached blonde hair tied up in a bun. She wore a pink jacket.
The pair managed to remove the security tags from items before leaving the store.
In a similar incident, two people tried to leave the Annan Tesco store at about 5pm on the same day, also with a trolley full of groceries and a television.
They were challenged about payment and fled empty-handed.
The description of the Annan pair is said to be similar to those at the Lockerbie incident, and they spoke with Dumfries accents.
Police Scotland are appealing for anyone with information about either incident, or who recognises the descriptions to contact them on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- The rise and fall of Carlisle's Celtic Nation (17 comments)
- Historic Carlisle house could be demolished (51 comments)
- Plans for 100 homes in Cumbrian town set to be approved (11 comments)
- Carlisle mobile phone problems are priority, says Vodafone (33 comments)
- Six issues to fix Cumbria's healthcare revealed (11 comments)
- Thousands of starfish stranded on Cumbrian beach (11 comments)
- Takeaway boss blames council building site in Carlisle for lack of trade (25 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (68 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|