Tesco store gets behind our Christmas Toy Appeal
Last updated at 14:33, Thursday, 29 November 2012
A leading supermarket is determined to help make Christmas special for Cumbria’s children.
Tesco is encouraging shoppers to drop off presents for the News & Star Toy Appeal at special collection points in its Workington store.
Alison Sharpe, Tesco community champion, said the store was delighted to support this charity appeal.
The appeal has been launched to make sure that no child in Cumbria goes without a present at Christmas.
Alison said: “We too believe every child should receive a gift at Christmas. We know how generous our customers have been in the past. They can drop the presents off in the box provided or at the customer service desk.”
The News & Star is calling on individuals, schools, community groups and businesses to show their generosity and add an extra gift to their shopping list.
The deadline for donations is December 15, when all the presents will be divided up, ready to be handed out to those most in need.
The appeal, run in conjunction with CFM’s Mission Christmas, is hoping that despite the economic climate, it will be a truly magical day for all Cumbrian youngsters.
Gifts can be for a child aged up to 18, and can include chocolate, books, toys and games. We only ask that they are new and unwrapped.
A full list of drop-off points can be found on our Christmas Toy Appeal web page.
First published at 14:22, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (15 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (4 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (2 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (18 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (38 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (4 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (14 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (9 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
- Dad jailed for cruel attacks on children in filthy house
- Ex Aquarium boss accused of taking £115,000 admits theft
- Police probing attack on Carlisle pub doorman release CCTV photo
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- Ex-soldier strangled partner until she passed out, Carlisle court told
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on brink of new owners deal