Teenagers attacked outside Carlisle youth club
Last updated at 11:37, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Two teenage boys were assaulted outside a youth club in Carlisle.
Police were called by one of the boy’s mothers at about 9.50pm on Tuesday.
She told officers her 14-year-old son, from Carlisle, had been outside the Youth Zone in Victoria Place when he and a friend were assaulted by two other boys.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police said the victims were both taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, in Carlisle, for treatment but were discharged the same night.
Police believe they know the identity of the assailants.
It was the second time that evening that officers had been alerted to issues in that area.
They had been called by staff at the youth zone at about 8.20pm, who claimed a 17-year-old boy had “threatened violence” towards them.
When police arrived at the scene the teenager had already left.
First published at 11:34, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|