Teenager sexually assaulted while on holiday in Cumbria
Last updated at 10:54, Saturday, 17 May 2014
A teenager sexually assaulted a girl – who fought back and kicked him in the groin.
Three months after the attack at a Lake District hostel, he raped another girl when back home in Yorkshire.
Aiden Boylin exposed himself and inappropriately touched a 16-year-old he had persuaded to go to his room at the Ambleside Youth Hostel, a court heard. Trained in martial arts, she fought back, grabbing him round the throat and trying to kick him in the groin.
Preston Crown Court heard the girl and her family were on holiday in the Lake District at the time. Boylin was staying there on a national Government scheme for young people with disadvantaged backgrounds.
Boylin, 18, from Rotherham, pleaded guilty to charges of sexual assault and exposure over what took place on August 15 last year. He was on bail for those offences when he raped an 18-year-old girl in Yorkshire on November 8.
A judge at Doncaster Crown Court gave him a sentence of four years and nine months detention for that earlier this year.
Neville Biddle, prosecuting, said Boylin, who was then aged 17 and was with around 50 young people staying at the youth hostel, persuaded the girl to go to his room.
He turned the conversation towards sexual matters, tried to get her to touch his crotch and exposed himself, Mr Biddle told the court.
“The girl had training in martial arts. She decided to fight back, grabbed him round the throat and tried to kick him in the groin area.
“He bent over in pain, but managed to get to the door before she could.”
The court heard that he then used touched her over her clothing.
“She was able to pin him to the corner and get away. She reported the matters. The defendant ran away, but was brought back by staff.”
The court heard he was on bail for the Ambleside offence when he raped an 18-year-old.
He told her he had a knife and would slice her if she did not do as she was told.
For the Ambleside offence Boylin was given three months custody to run concurrently with the term he is already serving.
Passing sentence Judge Christopher Cornwall said the incident had been “thoroughly nasty and unpleasant”.
First published at 10:47, Saturday, 17 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)