Teenager seriously ill after choking on food at Carlisle hotel
Published at 11:49, Monday, 23 July 2012
A teenage boy is seriously ill in hospital after choking on food at a Carlisle hotel.
It happened at about 10pm on Friday at the Lakeland Gate on Warwick Road.
He was given CPR at the scene before being taken to Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary.
The 13-year-old, believed to be from the north east, was transferred to the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle.
His condition was described as critical but stable.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle police to patrol with medics on Black Eye Friday (17 comments)
- Tour of Britain's £4.1m boost for Cumbria (2 comments)
- 80 jobs as Cumbrian firm builds new factory for plastic bank notes (16 comments)
- Carlisle school lodges official complaint about Ofsted inspectors’ impartiality (21 comments)
- 'Deserters' leaving Carlisle to shop in Glasgow are harming city (93 comments)
- Cumbrian pub gets go-ahead for longer opening hours (24 comments)
- Ex-Cumbrian health chief says working across Border 'a breath of fresh air' (5 comments)
- Bus cuts across Cumbria loom in bid to save £1.3m (38 comments)
- Hospitals smoking ban goes too far, says Carlisle councillor (77 comments)