X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Thursday, 24 April 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Teenager seriously ill after choking on food at Carlisle hotel

A teenage boy is seriously ill in hospital after choking on food at a Carlisle hotel.

It happened at about 10pm on Friday at the Lakeland Gate on Warwick Road.

He was given CPR at the scene before being taken to Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary.

The 13-year-old, believed to be from the north east, was transferred to the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle.

His condition was described as critical but stable.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Does St George's Day make you proud to be English?

Yes. It's a national day to celebrate all things English

No. All this nationalism turns me off - and he wasn't English

It's Shakespeare's birthday. That's something to be proud of

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: