Teenager knocked out after violence flares on Cumbrian street
Last updated at 13:09, Monday, 02 April 2012
A teenager was knocked unconscious and taken to hospital following a fight involving a number of youths.
Police say the disorder, which happened at around 3.40pm in Frizington on Saturday, may have been linked to a similar fight in the same place on Friday evening.
At around 5pm on Friday a man received a fractured jaw and needed hospital treatment. The youths involved are believed to be from the Cleator Moor area and are in their late teens.
The disorder on Saturday, which happened at Yeathouse Road heading towards the Silver How cycle path, was broken up by members of the public.
Anyone with information should call PC 328 Mitchinson on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 11:29, Monday, 02 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|