Teenager flown to hospital with hypothermia
Published at 13:59, Sunday, 02 December 2012
A teenager was flown to hospital after he was found with a head injury and suffering from hypothermia in icy conditions.
The 18-year-old was airlifted after being found collapsed at the top of Watch Hill, near Cockermouth, today.
A spokesman for the Great North Air Ambulance Service said: “He sustained a head injury.
“It was unclear how long he had been there but he was suffering from hypothermia.”
Cockermouth Mountain Rescue Team helped carry him to the Pride of Cumbria helicopter.
The man was flown to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven for treatment. His condition on arrival was said to be stable.
Air medics were called to the emergency at 9.30am.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Persimmon eyes new workers as it steps up house-building programme
- Carlisle beauty therapist in running for regional award
- Cumbrian phone app project set to create 50 jobs
- Stobart Air shortlisted for cash to set up services from Carlisle
- West Cumbrian hotel shortlisted as one of hospitality industry's best employers
- Nuclear power plant grid links to be opened to public scrutiny
- ‘Parking rethink needed to encourage shoppers into towns’
- Decades of work for Cumbrian experts at Fukushima
- Sainsbury's on look-out for small store sites across Cumbria
- Government must help boost apprenticeships, says Cumbrian MP
- Backing for new crossing across Carlisle's Castle Way
- Carlisle to Lancaster train delays
- Cumbrian super-slimmer in training for London Marathon
- Cumbrian boy's 'purple day' leads to creation of national research fund
- Girl, 17, about to have first driving lesson airlifted to hospital after crash
- Possible sighting of missing man prompts new police appeal
- Vandals wreak havoc after breaking into school building
- Girl, 14, launches petition urging councils to make school transport free for all children
- Husband denies serious sexual assault on wife
- Councillors banned from talking to press for 'own protection'