Teenager dies in Carlisle hospital after two car crash
Last updated at 13:16, Friday, 13 August 2010
A teenager who died following a two-car crash in north Cumbria has been named.
John Teasdale, 18, of Shap, was seriously injured after the Mini Mayfair he was driving was in collision with a BMW on the A6 near Penrith yesterday.
He was flown to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle by air ambulance.
But a police spokeswoman said: “Despite the best efforts of medical staff, he died at the hospital.”
The driver of the BMW, a 24-year-old man from the Penrith area, was also taken to the Cumberland Infirmary.
He had minor injuries and was discharged the same day.
Police said the collision happened on the A6 between Hackthorpe and Thrimby at about 3.30pm.
The force spokeswoman added: “The road was closed for four-and-a-half hours while emergency services, which included police, fire and ambulance, dealt with the incident.”
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Officers in the constabulary’s roads policing squad are urging any witnesses to phone them on 0845 3300247.
First published at 09:26, Friday, 13 August 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|