Teen girl has emergency surgery after attack on Cumbrian path
Last updated at 12:17, Wednesday, 09 May 2012
A 15-year-old girl had her jaw broken in two places when she was attacked by a man and woman on a path in west Cumbria.
The girl was with two teenage male friends when Carl Miller and Debbie Turner – who are both 27 - knocked her to the ground and repeatedly kicked her, Carlisle Crown Court heard.
She was taken to hospital, where she had to have surgery to insert a metal plate in her face to repair a double fracture of her jaw.
Miller, of Islay Place, Workington, and Turner, of Monkhouse Road, Salterbeck, Workington, were originally charged with wounding her with intent to cause her grievous bodily harm following the vicious attack on New Year’s Eve.
But that charge was dropped when they pleaded guilty to the less serious offence of inflicting grievous bodily harm without the intent to do so.
Miller also pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm to a 14-year-old boy.
He denied assaulting a 16-year-old by beating him and this plea was accepted by the prosecution.
Miller and Turner were remanded on bail for background reports.
They will be sentenced on June 15.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 09 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)