X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Friday, 24 October 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Tea towels spark fire at Carlisle restaurant

Tea towels sparked a blaze at a Carlisle restaurant.

Carlisle restaurant photo
Ruen Thai restaurant

Firefighters were called to the Ruen Thai, on Crosby Street, in the city centre, just after 2.30pm on Sunday.

Will Richardson, one of the firefighters who attended, said the towels, which had been in the tumble dryer, had oil on them and had “self-combusted” due to the heat.

“They had been piled up in a basket and then self-combusted,” he said.

Three engines attended – from Carlisle, Brampton and Longtown.

The restaurant was empty at the time and the fire was reported by a passer-by who heard the fire alarm.

Damage was caused to furniture in the restaurant and the crews used fans to clear smoke from the building. The restaurant was closed yesterday with nobody available to comment.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Should dogs be banned from Talkin Tarn?

Yes, a complete ban is the only way to prevent the mess

No, but instead of creating new tarn attractions the council should spend money on dog wardens

No, most dog owners are very responsible. Why spoil it for the majority?

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: