Suspended policeman held senior position in Cumbria
Published at 11:40, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A former assistant chief constable with Cumbria Police has been suspended from his role with the Lincolnshire force.
Neil Rhodes, who was acting chief constable of Lincolnshire Police was removed from his role by Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick.
Mr Rhodes spent nearly four years with Cumbria Police and left the county in October 2008.
His suspension comes after Mr Hardwick was “made aware of potential conduct matters” involving the senior officer.
A statement issued by Mr Hardwick’s office said: “The commissioner can confirm that Mr Rhodes has been suspended from duty while investigations are being considered.
“It should be emphasised that suspension is a neutral act and it should not be inferred from the decision to suspend that the potential conduct matters have been proven.”
Mr Rhodes took over as temporary head of Lincolnshire Police when former chief constable Richard Crompton retired in March last year.
Having joined Lincolnshire Police as a constable in 1986, Mr Rhodes also worked in senior roles in Humberside before being appointed as deputy chief constable of Lincolnshire in November 2008.
The statement, which was also posted on the Lincolnshire Police website, added: “Following consultation with the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), the matters in question have been referred to them.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|