Stun gun found at home of Carlisle drug dealer
Published at 11:48, Wednesday, 16 July 2014
A man is facing a likely prison sentence after police found an stun gun at his home when they were investigating his role in a drugs offence.
The taser gun – disguised as a mobile phone – was found on March 12 while police were searching 22-year-old Benjamin Stout’s home in Red Bank Terrace, Currock, Carlisle, after he was arrested on suspicion of drug dealing.
At the city’s crown court, Stout pleaded guilty to illegally possessing the device and to possessing cannabis, a class B drug, with intent to supply it.
He was remanded on bail for background reports and will be sentenced on August 11 by Carlisle Honorary Recorder, Judge Paul Batty QC, who in October 2012 gave Stout a suspended 12-month prison sentence for aiding and abetting a man involved in a drugs offence.
That involved a group of young people – including former police counter clerk, Ben David Lewis, 21, of Cumrew, Heads Nook, near Brampton – concerned in the supply of cannabis.
Stout, who pleaded guilty to aiding, betting or procuring Lewis to disclose confidential information and commit misconduct in a public office, was warned when that suspended sentence was imposed that he would probably go to prison if he committed any further offences during the two-year term for which it was effective.
His barrister Elizabeth Muir told the court: “He is well aware of the very serious situation in which he finds himself.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (48 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)