Stone-throwing yobs smash windscreen of moving car
Published at 08:44, Friday, 12 April 2013
Yobs are risking lives by throwing stones at moving cars in Workington.
Police were called last night after a motorist had their windscreen smashed as they drove along the A595 near Northside.
Officers said they were called at about 8.05pm, to reports that someone had been throwing stones from undergrowth near to Navvies Bridge.
A stone hit the windscreen of a passing vehicle, smashing it and causing about £250 damage.
Police are warning the incident could have been much more serious and are appealing for anyone with information, or who was in the area at the time and saw anything suspicious, to contact PC Zoe Williamson on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|