Six to be sentenced for Eden Valley drug deals
Last updated at 11:45, Wednesday, 17 July 2013
A date has been set for the sentencing of a gang caught drug dealing in the Eden Valley.
Six people – four of them teenagers – had previously pleaded guilty to conspiring to sell cannabis, a class B drug.
Lawyers at Carlisle Crown Court have now set September 26 as the date on which they will be sentenced.
The six – Amy Katapodis, 24, of Main Street, Brough, Kirkby Stephen; Jon Harris, 24, of Castle View, Penrith; Steven Bell, 19, of Castletown Drive, Penrith; and three others – two aged 16 and one 17 – who are too young to be named, were not present in court.
But prosecutor Gerard Rogerson said that after studying the evidence including numerous text messages found on the defendants’ mobile phones, he accepted the basis upon which each of them admitted their guilt.
The judge asked him to supply the court and defence lawyers with a copy of the prosecution case before the sentencing date, and – after studying sentencing guidelines – where on the scale of seriousness he believed each defendant’s activities stood.
First published at 11:32, Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (1 comment)
- Police warning of fishmonger scam
- Mercy plea from army bosses saves Carlisle soldier from prison
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (22 comments)
- Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops after stealing £1 milkshake
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)