Six to be sentenced for Eden Valley drug deals
Last updated at 11:45, Wednesday, 17 July 2013
A date has been set for the sentencing of a gang caught drug dealing in the Eden Valley.
Six people – four of them teenagers – had previously pleaded guilty to conspiring to sell cannabis, a class B drug.
Lawyers at Carlisle Crown Court have now set September 26 as the date on which they will be sentenced.
The six – Amy Katapodis, 24, of Main Street, Brough, Kirkby Stephen; Jon Harris, 24, of Castle View, Penrith; Steven Bell, 19, of Castletown Drive, Penrith; and three others – two aged 16 and one 17 – who are too young to be named, were not present in court.
But prosecutor Gerard Rogerson said that after studying the evidence including numerous text messages found on the defendants’ mobile phones, he accepted the basis upon which each of them admitted their guilt.
The judge asked him to supply the court and defence lawyers with a copy of the prosecution case before the sentencing date, and – after studying sentencing guidelines – where on the scale of seriousness he believed each defendant’s activities stood.
First published at 11:32, Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)