'Serious sexual offender' assaulted boy, 12, on Carlisle car park
Published at 09:58, Monday, 24 February 2014
A man branded a serious sexual offender has been told to expect a prison sentence after he admitted sexually assaulting a 12-year-old boy.
Carlisle Crown Court heard that Darren Goode, 43, followed the victim around Carlisle city centre for 20 minutes on November 19 before clamping a hand over his mouth and assaulting him in a car park near West Walls.
Goode pleaded guilty to a charge of sexually assaulting a child under 13 and breaching a sexual offences prevention order.
Adjourning the sentencing until March 20, Judge Peter Hughes QC said: “He is a serious sexual offender with a high risk for boys and there’s no question that the sentence will be custodial.”
Goode, who was living at the John Street hostel in Carlisle at the time of the assault, was remanded in custody.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|