Man killed in crash on main road near Carlisle
Last updated at 12:23, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
A man has been killed in a crash on the main A595 road near Carlisle.
He was driving a car which was in collision with a milk tanker between Cardewlees and the Nealhouse junction.
Police are in the process of tracing his family.
The 64-year-old tanker driver, from Fletchertown, was unhurt.
The busy road was shut between the Peter Lane roundabout on the edge of Carlisle and Thursby roundabout until about 12noon.
It was closed for a number of hours while collision investigators examined the scene.
The crash, which happened at 7.57am, caused lengthy tailbacks.
Motorists were advised to avoid the area. Diversions were put in place.
First published at 08:23, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years