Serious crash closes main Cumbrian road
Last updated at 21:56, Thursday, 26 June 2014
The A5086 Cockermouth to Cleator Moor road was closed this afternoon following a serious crash.
Two vehicles collided on the A5086 near Oakhurst roundabout.
Police, fire service and ambulance service were sent to the scene.
Motorists were advised to avoid the area and use other routes.
Police were called at 4.27pm.
First published at 17:09, Thursday, 26 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- 'Boy racer’ doing 80mph before fatal crash, Carlisle court told
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Four arrests after early morning Cumbria police raids
- Arrest warrant issued for market's Dutch cheese seller
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)