Serious crash closes main Cumbrian road
Last updated at 21:56, Thursday, 26 June 2014
The A5086 Cockermouth to Cleator Moor road was closed this afternoon following a serious crash.
Two vehicles collided on the A5086 near Oakhurst roundabout.
Police, fire service and ambulance service were sent to the scene.
Motorists were advised to avoid the area and use other routes.
Police were called at 4.27pm.
First published at 17:09, Thursday, 26 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|