Roadworks on way at busy Carlisle junction
Last updated at 14:42, Friday, 22 August 2014
Major roadworks are about to start at one of Carlisle’s busiest junctions.
Repairs are to carried out where the A69 on Warwick Road has a turnoff to Rosehill.
They will begin on Tuesday and are scheduled to last for four nights, ending on Friday.
The scheme involves resurfacing the road and widening it by about a foot.
All the work will be carried out between 7pm and 6am each night.
The works also involve resurfacing junctions to Tesco and Montgomery Way.
As a result, a short section of Montgomery Way – leading to the junction with Warwick Road – will be temporarily closed during the work.
The maintenance is being carried out by Cumbria County Council at a cost of about £50,000.
Traffic diversions will be in place while it is carried out at night, with all restrictions removed during daytime.
A spokesman for the authority said: “The county council is carrying out this essential maintenance work overnight to minimise disruption to road users.
“Work of this nature is likely to be noisy at times and, while the council will try to keep the noise to a minimum wherever possible, we apologise for any inconvenience to residents.
“It is not feasible to carry out the works during daytime because of the sensitive location on one of the main routes into Carlisle.”
First published at 14:41, Friday, 22 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years