Roadworks on way at busy Carlisle junction
Last updated at 14:42, Friday, 22 August 2014
Major roadworks are about to start at one of Carlisle’s busiest junctions.
Repairs are to carried out where the A69 on Warwick Road has a turnoff to Rosehill.
They will begin on Tuesday and are scheduled to last for four nights, ending on Friday.
The scheme involves resurfacing the road and widening it by about a foot.
All the work will be carried out between 7pm and 6am each night.
The works also involve resurfacing junctions to Tesco and Montgomery Way.
As a result, a short section of Montgomery Way – leading to the junction with Warwick Road – will be temporarily closed during the work.
The maintenance is being carried out by Cumbria County Council at a cost of about £50,000.
Traffic diversions will be in place while it is carried out at night, with all restrictions removed during daytime.
A spokesman for the authority said: “The county council is carrying out this essential maintenance work overnight to minimise disruption to road users.
“Work of this nature is likely to be noisy at times and, while the council will try to keep the noise to a minimum wherever possible, we apologise for any inconvenience to residents.
“It is not feasible to carry out the works during daytime because of the sensitive location on one of the main routes into Carlisle.”
First published at 14:41, Friday, 22 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)