Road reopens after man hit by vehicle
Last updated at 11:36, Saturday, 07 September 2013
The A595 at Thursby has reopened following an accident this morning.
Police say that a pedestrian was hit by a vehicle shortly after 5am.
He was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle but the extent and severity of his injuries are not known.
The A595 - the main link between Carlisle and west Cumbria - was closed for several hours from the Woodhouse junction, close to the Dalston turn-offs, through to Thursby.
Police set up diversions.
First published at 06:50, Saturday, 07 September 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|