Rising fashion star Karl Bowman unveils new collection at Cumbria show
Last updated at 13:55, Monday, 19 March 2012
Stunning new designs by a rising young star of the fashion world, Karl Bowman, brought his audience to their feet as he launched his glittering new collection at an exclusive show for 350 people.
Karl, 25, had his audience whooping with delight as one by one his models emerged onto the catwalk to reveal his breathtaking 2012 couture designs.
This was the proudest of moments for former champion showjumper Karl who lives near Penrith.
The evening was pure glamour with Karl taking inspiration for his 57 gowns from the Hollywood icons of the 1950s and 60s as his collection was unveiled on Saturday night.
The invitations had asked guests to come in evening or cocktail wear and they didn’t disappoint.
As hundreds poured into The Garden of Eden at Eden Golf Club near Carlisle, their finery gave the evening a feeling of the true silver screen – just as Karl had hoped.
The show itself was testament to Karl’s skill. The opulence of his bespoke frocks showed his talent for linking colours and fabrics to create stunningly unique designs.
Swathes of silk fabrics infused with detailed beadwork and subtle prints had been cut to create the right drape, cling and structure.
His models, largely friends and family including mum Susan, sashayed onto the catwalk showing off Karl’s designs to their best advantage.
None of them professional models, these women showed their appreciative audience that they could strut their stuff with the best of them.
It was a dream come true for Karl who has been working night and day on this collection.
After taking a bow at the end of the evening he beamed as he thanked his audience.
“It is just fantastic. It has been a brilliant experience – I am on a major high
“I started this particular collection in June last year and have been working on it ever since.
“I am proud of it – I think this is my best one yet.”
Just two years after launching his Karl Bowman England label with a sold-out show at the North Lakes Hotel in Penrith, he now takes orders for exclusive gowns and dresses from women throughout Cumbria and the north of England. His aim is to make each one of his customers feel special; to give them that red-carpet experience.
“The collection takes its cue from iconic 50s and 60s Hollywood glamour,” he said.
“The designs are for women who want to look and feel beautiful, chic and sexy.”
As the evening finished Karl, a former pupil of Ullswater School in Penrith, also thanked his sponsors.
“Without them this event would not have been possible,” he said.
First published at 11:29, Monday, 19 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)