Rising Cumbrian star to appear alongside Miley Cyrus
Published at 18:27, Friday, 06 June 2014
Rising star Mikey Bromley is to sing in front of 80,000 pop fans at Wembley Stadium. He will appear alongside megastars such as Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, Cheryl Cole and Ellie Goulding.
He and his pop band Only The Young have been voted to open the massive event.
The 19-year-old, from Carlisle, couldn’t believe the news when it was broken to him.
“It was such a shock. All the rest of the band went ‘Yes! Yes! but I could only put my hands to my face.
“Me and the band sat in the living room of the house we share and were filmed by a documentary crew when we took the call,” he explained. “They are making a mini documentary of us preparing for our first stadium show.”
The Capital FM radio station invited fans to choose between four acts and vote for them to open the day-long concert – Capital Summertime Ball on June 21.
Also on the Wembley line-up is Rita Ora, Ed Sheeran, David Guetta, Jessie J and Little Mix.
Mikey, a graduate of StagedRight theatre school in Carlisle, was spotted performing in a homemade YouTube recording of himself by members of Only the Young who were searching for the missing link in a two-girl, two-boy line-up.
The band will perform the opening song of the huge event.
“It is unbelievable,” he says. “I’ve been to see a football match at Wembley, but never a concert. I saw Carlisle United lose to Southampton in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final!”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Tesco scraps plans to build Cumbrian supermarket
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban
- Major changes revealed to Cumbria's hospitals (16 comments)
- Volunteers taking on civilian roles with Cumbria police (8 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (19 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (49 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (17 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (21 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northerners (14 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|