Raiders flee Cumbrian jewellers shop with 'substantial' haul
Published at 16:57, Monday, 10 December 2012
Thieves raided a Keswick jewellers and escaped with thousands of pounds worth of jewellery.
Police said the thieves struck at 11.40pm on Saturday when they forced their way in to Skipton & Co Jewellers, in Lake Road.
The alarm went off but the thieves managed to escape with “a substantial amount” of jewellery.
A police spokeswoman said three men were seen running away at the time. Detectives were trying to establish whether they were involved.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area or who may have seen a vehicle or someone who “looked out of place” to come forward.
Anyone with any information should contact Workington police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (6 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (140 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (46 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)