Queues as tickets go on sale for Lee Evans show in Carlisle
Last updated at 10:07, Monday, 19 May 2014
Devoted fans queued for hours to get the first tickets for superstar comedian Lee Evans who is coming to The Sands Centre in Carlisle on Monday, July 28.
Carlisle resident Julie Mattinson, 54, was the first in line to grab tickets for herself, her daughters and their partners.
She had stood in line from 7am. She said: “I’ve seen him on a few occasions and I’m a big fan. I saw him here a few years ago and it was great to see him in such a small venue in our city.”
As well as stand-up comedy, Evans is famous for appearing in big-budget movies including Mouse Hunt, There’s Something About Mary, and the Fifth Element.
The gig will be the third time Evans has performed at the Sands Centre since 2007, with tickets for the previous shows selling out within hours.
First published at 10:03, Monday, 19 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- The rise and fall of Carlisle's Celtic Nation (17 comments)
- Historic Carlisle house could be demolished (51 comments)
- Plans for 100 homes in Cumbrian town set to be approved (11 comments)
- Carlisle mobile phone problems are priority, says Vodafone (33 comments)
- Six issues to fix Cumbria's healthcare revealed (11 comments)
- Thousands of starfish stranded on Cumbrian beach (11 comments)
- Takeaway boss blames council building site in Carlisle for lack of trade (25 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (68 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|