Primal Scream, Basement Jaxx to headline Kendal Calling festival
Last updated at 09:03, Thursday, 28 February 2013
Primal Scream, Basement Jaxx and The Charlatans were today announced as headliners for this summer’s Kendal Calling festival.
In what promises to be the event’s strongest line-up yet, they will also be joined by I Am Kloot and Roni Size.
This year’s festival with take place from July 26 to 28 at Lowther Deer Park, Hackthorpe, near Penrith.
It will be the first-ever appearance in Cumbria for iconic rockers Primal Scream and genre-busting dance-masters Basement Jaxx.
Formed in 1982 by Bobby Gillespie and Jim Beattie, Primal Scream have released nine studio albums in their 30-year career, including the legendary Screamadelica.
They release their first long-player in five years, a double album titled More Light on May 6, which will feature Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant.
Basement Jaxx have a back catalogue of some classic dance tracks since forming at a club night in Brixton in 1994.
Albums such as Remedy and Rooty provided hit singles like Rendez Vu, Red Alert, Where’s Your Head At, Romeo and Jus 1 Kiss.
The band played their first live gig in years at Chiswick House Festival last year and this year they will appear at V Festival as well as Kendal Calling. This year will also see the release of a new album Music.
Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess is a big fan of the festival and appeared there last year with his own eaterie/events space, Tim Peaks Diner, which was a huge success. As well as appearing with his band, he will again be bringing the diner.
Other acts appearing on the 14 stages at the festival include Ash, British Sea Power, Lightning Seeds, Fake Blood, Mr Scruff, Foreign Beggars, Dutch Uncles, Dub Pistols, Wave Machines, The 1975 and Kodaline.
More acts and events are still to be announced.
The festival launched in 2006 as a two day music event in Abbot Hall Park in the centre of Kendal and moved to Lowther Deer Park in 2009.
For tickets go to www.kendalcalling.co.uk
First published at 09:02, Thursday, 28 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|