Power cut hits thousands of homes in north Cumbria
Last updated at 19:27, Sunday, 18 May 2014
HOMES across the Carlisle were plunged into darkness after an electrical fault that affected 1,600 properties.
The problems began at about 3am on Sunday morning with power outages reported in Stanwix, Newtown Road and as far away as Crosby-on-Eden.
An Electricity North West spokeswoman confirmed that a fault at 2.56am had left 1,600 customers without power, with some not being switched back on until 7.46am.
First published at 17:07, Sunday, 18 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years