Policewoman punched in face at Cumbria funeral tea
Last updated at 11:31, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A policewoman was punched in the face and body at a wake and another woman was knocked unconscious.
The PC was attacked after being called to a disturbance at the funeral party at a house in Greystone Place, Cleator Moor, at 6pm last night.
She was punched in the head and body by a man and a woman shortly after arriving at the scene following reports of a disturbance.
Police said today that a 58-year-old woman had been knocked unconscious nearby.
The PC was accompanied to the scene by a number of officers.
While she did not suffer serious injuries, the 58-year-old was taken by ambulance to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven for treatment.
She was released later last night.
A 33-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of police assault and assault with intent to prevent arrest.
They remain in police custody this morning.
Copeland Sergeant Laura Robinson said the policewoman suffered a few bruises and was recovering after her ordeal.
First published at 11:28, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (10 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (2 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (1 comment)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (73 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|