Police want to trace youth after damage at Cumbrian train station
Published at 14:28, Thursday, 16 February 2012
British Transport Police have released a CCTV photo of a youth they want to trace in connection with criminal damage at a Cumbrian rail station.
A gang of youths were at the waiting room on Workington's platform two at about 8.30pm last Friday when one of them pushed a window out of its frame.
The group ran out of the station.
PC Becky Tabb said it was "a deliberate act of vandalism."
“Clearly the youths thought this was entertaining but there is nothing funny about criminal damage and we will do everything possible to trace those responsible,” she added.
Anyone with information about the incident, or who recognises the youth, should call British Transport Police on 0800 405040.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|