Police name man who died after Penrith car park collision
Published at 20:07, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Police have named a man who died after an accident on a north Cumbria hospital car park.
Pedestrian Thomas Christopher Thompson, aged 77, of Lazonby, was in collision with a Suzuki Swift car at Penrith hospital yesterday morning. He died at the scene.
Hs family said today: “He was a well-known and respected fell pony breeder and retired local farmer.
“We are devastated by our loss. Chris Thompson farmed at High Drybarrows, Bampton, prior to retiring with his wife to Lazonby.”
Mr Thompson - who police say was on a routine errand at the medical practice - leaves a wife Shirley, daughters Carolyn and Christine and son David and sons-in-law Joe and Dennis and daughter-in-law Gail.
The car driver, a 74-year-old woman from the Penrith area, was not hurt.
Anyone who saw the collision should call Cumbria police's road policing unit on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- The country cures
- Swims aid new pool finances
- Son jailed for attack
- Shoe shop shortlisted
- BAE Systems ships at centre of dispute set to leave Barrow docks after years in limbo
- Santa makes light work of switch-on celebration
- Updated: Barrow drink-drive suspect bailed after crash between two cars and a cyclist on A590
- Lake District hotel sold to local businessman
- Drink blamed
- Cumbria brewery closed by rat infestation
- Massive cost of dealing with stray dogs in Cumbria revealed (3 comments)
- Barrow to hold its first Gay Pride night (43 comments)
- NEW WHEELY BIN SCHEME AIMS TO REDUCE WASTE
- Furness Academy: Group presents its findings after investigating attitudes to Barrow
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- FOOD REVIEW: La’l Churrasco, Ulverston (2 comments)
- Barrow man denies drug charges
- Barrow Raiders floodlight work nears completion