Police name man found dead on Carlisle street
Last updated at 06:57, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Police have named a man who was found dead on a street in Carlisle.
Officers were sent to Pennine Way at about 5.30am after receiving a call about a sudden death.
They found Derek Collingwood Smith, aged 55, of New Harraby, Carlisle, on the pavement.
Paramedics were called but he had died.
There are no suspicious circumstances.
First published at 09:03, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|