Police name man found dead on Carlisle street
Last updated at 06:57, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Police have named a man who was found dead on a street in Carlisle.
Officers were sent to Pennine Way at about 5.30am after receiving a call about a sudden death.
They found Derek Collingwood Smith, aged 55, of New Harraby, Carlisle, on the pavement.
Paramedics were called but he had died.
There are no suspicious circumstances.
First published at 09:03, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|